"Beyonding Education" - David Perkins
The BBI recognises the work of Harvard University / Project Zero's David Perkins in "Beyonding Education":
· beyond content - focusing on 21st century skills and competencies;
· beyond local - embracing global perspectives, problems and studies;
· beyond topics - transforming topics into tools of broad understanding;
· beyond disciplines - embracing interdisciplinary topics and problems;
· beyond academic engagement - fostering personal significance, commitment and passion.
Adding to this list going beyond academic to social and emotional learning, beyond the school grounds, David Perkins, along with other Project Zero educators provides great inspiration as we work toward reimagining an education that prepares our young people for the expanding universe that they will encounter when they leave the College.
Read more here.